Cabinet question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by teprodic, Feb 2, 2003.

1. I currently own a 4-10 cabinet and it runs at 8ohms. I want to be able to use the whole 350 watts on my HA3500. I'm thinking of adding another cabinet but I don't know what type of cabient I should get. (speakerwise) I'm not sure if a 2-10 or a 1-15 would be better. If you have any suggestions please help.
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ading any other 8ohm cab will get you the full power you want. I would say go for a another 4x10.... it's really all about what you want, and the sound you like. 15''inch speakers are considered more "Muddy" but go lower than 10's or 12',s. 10's are given to be more punchy,,, 12 are somewhere in between,,,, but this isnt the set rule for all speakers, just a general idea.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    It really depends on what your want...

If you want more of the same type of tone, get another 4x10.

If you want a similar tone but something smaller to be able to haul around easier to jam, etc, perhaps the 2x10 is a good choice.

If you want meatier low end, try out a 1x15.

Or for something completely 8 ohm 2x12.

Make sure that you stick with an 8 ohm cabinet though...

Have fun!!!
  4. I'd have to agree with pollybass on this one. Just get another 4x10 of the same brand, ohm, and model you currently have to use when you really need the extra power.
  5. Personally, I like having a 1 X 15" cabinet under a 4 X 10" (or my current 4 X 8"). I think you get the best of both worlds. Your amp will operate at full capacity with 2-8 ohm cabinets.
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I actully like my 1x15 on top of my 4x10,,,bigger not always mean lower. good for mids. In anycase, just get what YOU think sounds best.