Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Questions....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Hey guys....Looking for cabinets, I've heard good things about multiple brands, but have decided that soem are DEFINATELY outta my price range...I'm lookin for something fairly inexpensive, but still has to be a good cab, Lookin' into 4x12's & 4x10's.....Needs to have a good low-low mid range and the ability to handle the highs also.Prices are good,too!!!Thanx!!

EDIT:What about GENZ BENZ Prices??

2. hmm no money but you have to have something great eh? well, look for used (insert your brand) cabs, or settle for a less expensive new cab, ie Carvin.

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Peavey 410TX, about $250 used.

4. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    peavey are good bang for the buck especially the 412, but look at used SWR stuff and try to find maybe a good used head for either. But definitely go used head and get like an SWR sm400 or something.

5. ummmmm...would i say ampeg???? OF COURSE I WOULD!!!

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    www.sonicspeaker.com
    www.peavey.com

Also, someone posted a link to a company that was selling bass cabs loaded with Eminence speakers for unreal prices (like, $250 for a 4x10 and $150 for a 1x15). Anyone remember the name of said company (I think it started with an 'A')?

EDIT: Here it is! www.avatarspeakers.com

7. Wonderin' does anyone have prices on the 4x12?

8. Juggalo_Bassist

Juggalo_Bassist Guest

Jan 6, 2002
    I got my Peavey 4-12 cab for about $650 brand new, but I also got my bass and a 4-10 cab at the same time. I would say right around $700 new(for a peavey)

9. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I paid $489 for my Peavey 412 3 weeks ago.

10. As you have read already,Peavey is a good cab for a good price.Many here swear by Carvin(although I have never tried them).I believe most larger amp co.s have "economy" lines or less costly models that are just fine for those of us who are on a budget :) .Currently I am saving up for an Ampeg cab(I fell in love with that sound ,dang it!:p ) .If you can ,go for used gear....you will save a bunch!

Usul

11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

12. The evil Dr. Quadzilla has locked us into a time loop,Robin!...We`re being flung back to a previous thread!!! *Batman/Adam West voice*

:D :p :)