1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cabinet Recomendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by elpezpr, Mar 11, 2008.

1. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    Hi. I ordered a Nemesis NA320. I now need a cabinet. My current amp is an Ampeg B-50R. It sounds great but I rehearse in a small room :crying: and my drummer is quite loud. The gtr player uses a Yamaha 100w tube amp but he does not like to crank it. The trouble im having is I hear plenty of mids and high but the bottom is very loose.

I am toying with the idea of getting a Aguilar GS112NT 8ohm and adding another one down the road for bigger stuff. Or getting and SWR Goliath JR. III 4 ohm. Do you think one GS112NT will be enough on its own for a small room (11' x 14').

Thanks

2. bluevoodoo

bluevoodoo

Dec 15, 2007
    minneapolis
    That looks like a good choice for heads. My favorite cab is ampeg and if you liked the sound of your B-50R you might wanna look into ampeg cabs. Definately consider the idea of the 8ohm cab and adding one down the road, thats what I did when I was younger. I first got an Ampeg 450h with a 1510he cab. When that started to hold me back I added a 410he. Now I have alot of versatility with my amp as well. Small gigs =1510he + 450h, Medium gigs = 410he + 450h, large gigs = 1510he + 410he + 450h = room shaking.

That being said I would make sure to try alot of cabs with that head before you buy. There is alot of choices out there and if you dont want to end up selling it to someone else for cheaper later, spend wise.

If you did get an 8ohm cab, make sure its loud enough since you will be running your amp at about half the watts. Also think about just how loud your going to be able to get and how loud your amp will get. Sometimes one 4ohm cab cab be alot easier to move and just as loud as a 410 cab with a 115 cab. That should keep your head busy for a little while...

3. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    I guess the basic question is: Will one GS112NT be much louder and tight than my B-50R. Were are just starting a band from scratch and I won't need the second cabinet for 4-6 months. I am very sure the SWR will be more than loud for what I need but would benefit by having a smaller cab for rehearsal and 2 cabs for medim stuff.