1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cabinet recommendation

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Noobs, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    Can anyone recommend a 1x15 cab to go along with my GK400RBiv head. Something reliable, powerful enough for small shows , and relatively light, anywhere in the 300 dollar range. Thanks!

2. heytrid

heytrid

Feb 12, 2008
    Calgary AB
    not sure on the price but look at the markbass stuff for lightness

3. Remember-you pretty much get what you pay for. Maybe save a little more, get a little better cab.

4. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    Your right. I 'm thinking I need to kick out a little more cash at least a hundred or so, for something new. Maybe I can find a decent used one as well.

5. Get yourself a GK cab if you can afford one, they really are superb if a bit expensive.

6. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    The issue I'm having with GK cabs in the 3oo range is that they are backline or Gold Line and what I've read on reviews is that they kind of suck

7. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Eden 115. (not the XLT version) 200 watts power handling, very lightweight cab and dirt cheap used. Should be able to find one for around $200.

8. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Eden works well with the GK400RB. Another choice would be the Yorkville Sound 1x15. I used them with mine. About 55 lbs I think. Good sound and fairly efficient.

9. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    If that's all you can spend, get an Avater 2x10 Neo

10. I own the Goldline 1x15 and power it with a Backline 600 head, and it's actually a REALLY good sounding cab. The ONLY drawback i would have to say (besides power handling) is how heavy it is. You will more than likely need a hand from some of your fellow bandmates toting it around if you're about the same size as me (5'7", slender build). Other than that, for the money you cant beat it....don't abuse em too much and they'll treat you just fine =)

11. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
  12. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    +1 $400 will get you a very decent 115. $300 will get you a nice used cab.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, this one.

14. I just bought a peavey 4x10 for £40, they are definately out there if you look around

15. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    Does it kick out enough low end?? Not sure about 2x10s yet I sort of prefer 1x15 I really appreciate all the respones thanks much. I'm going to check out the Eden and Yorkvilles like 62 and Crabby mentioned. Especially if that Eden pairs up good with the 400RB. Also a CarvinBR115, and Carvin I'm going to check out prices if I can stay under 400 for a new oneI 'm all over it