1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cabinet recommendation

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kaasknaap, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Kaasknaap

Kaasknaap

Jan 16, 2010
    Hello there!

I would like some recommendations for a new cabinet, since my cabinet right now is way to heavy for me to carry up and downstairs all the time. And I know I'm going to have problems with my back if I have to carry that thing weekly.

I use my Fender Bassman 135 over an Ampeg svt 410 HLF right now. I'm very satisfied with the sound I create with this set, but the 110 pounds, I think, is way too much for me.

I'm going to use my stack for genres like funk rock, alternative rock and maybe a little jazz, blues, funk and other music that requires some good slapping tones. But no metal, hardcore etc... That's a bit too hard for me.;) (maybe the info stated above might help you find a better answer)

Please help me by naming a good cabinet that isn't as heavy as my HLF. I prefer an 4 Ohm cabinet, but my bassman is also capable of running through an 8 Ohm cabinet.

Cheerio:D
    Jasper

2. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Check Avatar, I believe that they have a 4 ohm 410, Neo loaded cab. The Avatar would be a good bit lighter than the 410 HLF.

3. Kaasknaap

Kaasknaap

Jan 16, 2010
    Wow, thanks!
    That one might have everything I want. Good RMS, 4Ohm and lightweight.:hyper:

Ever heard one? And are they only available in America? Because I live in the Netherlands.

4. Jimmy Stump

Jimmy Stump

Jan 27, 2010
    Canada
    Epifani, Avatar, and Bergantino all make a lightweight 4 ohm, 4x10 cabinet. I have only played Epifani and Bergantino and they are excellent cabinets. They are also not cheap.

5. Kaasknaap

Kaasknaap

Jan 16, 2010
    Never heard of bergatino before. Epifani might be nice, although I prefer a cab with a cloth instead a grill I'm still interested.

6. Carvin BRX10.4 neo, 76 lbs.

7. Other side of the pond guys, He mentioned he's friom the Netherlands.

Look at a Barfaced cabs. A Super Ywelve would probably fit the bill well.
    http://barefacedbass.com/index.php?page=super-twelve

The only problem is the 19.5 inch weight, so your 135 will look like a T on top.

8. Kaasknaap

Kaasknaap

Jan 16, 2010
    Interesting. I could also flip the cabinet so it looks like a 210 cabinet. Then it no longer has the form of T.

9. correct...

But if you poke around on that site, they will tell you why it is better to keep it upright, as well as why it's a better design then the traditional 4x10 it's intended to replace. But, yes, entirely possible.
    YOu could also get the right amp stand, so that the head sits on the floor and the cab is pointed at your ears.

10. Kaasknaap

Kaasknaap

Jan 16, 2010
    Anyone else got some ideas?:hyper:

11. Orange cabs? Even the OBC115 is way under 110 lbs. Their Isobaric cabs are also smaller and lighter, and two of the SP212s would give you 4ohms and more than enough for any gig. I use one OBC115 and one SP212 and it puts out a monstrous sound.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021