Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Recommendation

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rick1906, Apr 25, 2003.

1. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    NC
    I play a Ken SMith BSR5M 5-string bass through an Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp and QSC RMX850 poweramp. My cabinet is an Eden D-410T. The Eden is OK, but I'm not really satisfied with it, so I'm looking to replace it. I play mostly funk, R&B, and gospel and like a fat but edgy Ken Smith tone. Any recommendations? :bassist:

2. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Cant imagine an Eden 410 not fat enough, but then again I have 2 with 18's under them. May wanna try a 15 udnder yours or even an 18. I have heard some really good 215's as well.

Its a matter of taste, try some different combinations.

Mike

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hi Rick. You should make a point to check out the Bergantino HT322. It has 210's, a 12 and a horn. Everytime I get an opportunity to play through it I am amazed at how big, tight and clear it sounds. Really a remarkable cabinet. It would be perfect for the types of music that you play.

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    get the Ampeg 6x10 or the SVT-410HLF. you won't be sorry.

5. I would suggest adding a 15 to your rig. You'll still get the punch from the 410, but the 15 will give you more bottom end.