Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Recommendations...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djd, Jan 21, 2004.

1. djd

djd

Jan 19, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Not very educated in the bass set-up department so please bear with me....

Just picked up an Ampeg B2R head and now I need to get a cabinet. My band plays many styles from Aerosmith to the Stones to more funk jams. So I probably need a semi-versitile cab if one exists.

Not sure how the whole 4ohm/8ohm deal works (I told you I don't really have a clue) but I do need something that will give me plenty of sound to compete with the guitarist and drummer.

2. djd

djd

Jan 19, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Forgot to mention, my budget is under $500 so I am definately open to finding something used as well...

3. Thain

Thain

Dec 27, 2003
    Finland
    If you get a 8ohm cab, B2R puts 200W into it. If you need more volume you can add another 8ohm cab later and you'll get 350W out of B2R. If you only want one cabinet, get a 4ohm one to get all the power out of your amp.

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    make sure you get an efficient cabnet, i hear them B2r's are not very loud. Id say get a 4ohm 4x10 or a 8ohm 1x15 and an 8ohm 2x10

5. I have that head and an avatar 210 + genz 115. I am TRYING to sell the 210, so i can buy an avatar 410. I would definatly recomend some type of 410, rated at 4ohms. If you only have $500 check out www.avatarspeakers.com

6. av_rockstar

av_rockstar

Oct 4, 2003
    So. Cali.
    [​IMG]

This is the cab I run...
    check e-bay, you can find em used for around 3-500.00
    AMPEG 410-hlf

Jeff
    -------