1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cabinet Recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rmonk, Sep 4, 2001.

1. rmonk

rmonk

Aug 26, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Running an old Roland SIP-301 pre-amp into an equally old 350W Carver amp. Looking for a cabinet, probably 4x10, to run through. Price-wise, I like Hartke but my only experience w/ one was over 10 yrs ago and only once. Ampeg is sort out out of budget, but if the quality difference is that substantial I'll spend the extra. Ideas & input appreciated.

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Peavey 410 TXF or TXV
    Carvin RL410T

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Peavey 410TXF or TVX

I've never tried a Carvin, but I'm sure they're nice as well.

4. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    If you like the Ampeg sound and would really rather have it,why not check around for a used one on ebay and such?

5. rmonk

rmonk

Aug 26, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I've used ebay for other stuff, bu music gear is not something I'm willing to buy w/out putting my eyes/hands/ears on the mdse. first.

6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I owned a Carvin RL410T for about 18 months. Bought it new. It sounded good and was well made. I got rid of it because it simply was not loud enough. I was using an R600 series II head bridged at 8 ohms. That's 500 watts. I was loud. But no where near what I think 500 watts loud ought to be.

I recommend the Peavey. I have played through them and they sound very good.

There have been many, many threads on TB about the efficency of Carvin speakers. I suggest doing a search and read what others who understand the science of speakers better than I have to say.

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    carvin
    peavey
    ampeg (less expensive series)