Cabinet Recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rmonk, Sep 4, 2001.

1. rmonk

Aug 26, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Running an old Roland SIP-301 pre-amp into an equally old 350W Carver amp. Looking for a cabinet, probably 4x10, to run through. Price-wise, I like Hartke but my only experience w/ one was over 10 yrs ago and only once. Ampeg is sort out out of budget, but if the quality difference is that substantial I'll spend the extra. Ideas & input appreciated.
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Peavey 410 TXF or TXV
    Carvin RL410T
  3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Peavey 410TXF or TVX

I've never tried a Carvin, but I'm sure they're nice as well.
  4. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    If you like the Ampeg sound and would really rather have it,why not check around for a used one on ebay and such?
  5. rmonk

Aug 26, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I've used ebay for other stuff, bu music gear is not something I'm willing to buy w/out putting my eyes/hands/ears on the mdse. first.
  6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I owned a Carvin RL410T for about 18 months. Bought it new. It sounded good and was well made. I got rid of it because it simply was not loud enough. I was using an R600 series II head bridged at 8 ohms. That's 500 watts. I was loud. But no where near what I think 500 watts loud ought to be.

I recommend the Peavey. I have played through them and they sound very good.

There have been many, many threads on TB about the efficency of Carvin speakers. I suggest doing a search and read what others who understand the science of speakers better than I have to say.
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    ampeg (less expensive series)