1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cabinet rotated 90 degrees, will it make a difference?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Axtman, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    I bought a used Epifani 310 cabinet that the previous owner had rotated 90 degrees and put casters on the bottom. I am assuming that he did this so the handle would be on top of the cabinet. Anyhow I am also assuming that this rotation will not affect the sound. Please let me know otherwise.

Here is a picture that I got off the internet to give you an idea of the configuration.

Copyofepifani310.

2. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    I always use my Epifani T-112 that way and I never noticed any differences in sound.

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    In that case it won't, you have a cluster of 3 speakers. If it meant the difference between speakers being on top of each other instead of beside each other, it makes a big difference both to the player as well as the people further out.

4. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

In that position, the tweeter is a little lower, which makes it a little harder for you to hear the definition of your notes when standing near the cab. Other than that, there should be no problem.

If, however,you rotate it 90 degrees in another dimension, you'd be laying the front on the floor. That wouldn't be good. ;)