1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cabinet Skin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by viper2x39, Oct 15, 2009.

1. viper2x39

viper2x39

Aug 14, 2009
    i have been thinking about changing the skin on my ampeg cab for awhile now and now that im actually want to i cant seem to find a place that will do it..... does any one know where i can get anything like this done...also a place where i can get a custom grill cloth...

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    What size cab?

Do a search for Tolex, you'll find what you're looking for. I'm replacing the carpet on my SWR 2x10 with baby blue tolex. I actually should be finishing up the project tonight.

I used "Speaker Builders supply" - their site seems to be down right now, but you could call them. They have great deals and they shipped my stuff in ONE DAY.

Then maybe take it to an upholstery place, or do a google search of places that refinish vintage gear in your area. Or get the guts to do it yourself! That's what I'm doing. It's a learning process, but stripping the old stuff was the hardest part for me.

3. viper2x39

viper2x39

Aug 14, 2009
    I have a SCT-810E..... thanks for the advice ill check it out... i think i'll give it a shot see how bad i can mess it up ha..... again thanks for the advice....

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Ah, the 8x10 - I was afraid of that. I'd say to start small if it's your first time, might want to take the 8x10 into a pro. Theres a ton of good advice around the forum here though if you do try it yourself

5. viper2x39

viper2x39

Aug 14, 2009
    it would be nice if i could just pay a pro to do it... as it would be faster than me doing it... I live in MI.... I'll have to check around and see what i can come up with...thanks again

6. I wonder if the guys at Avatar would do it...:eyebrow: