Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet storage?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by a e i o u, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Where we practice, is in the top floor of a garge, it probaly gets down to 30 degrees in there at night. I left my bass there for a while, I dont really care about that bass much at all, but today i was bringing it home, and when i got inside my house, it was all wet. Like when you leave metalish stuff outside and bring it in to warm places it gets really moistened. Is it safe for me to leave my cabintets there? I cover them with a few blankets.

It is real difficult for me to bring my stuff home, because when we practice, its during the week at 6:00, by then it is pitch black out. I have to walk down to the place. It is a 1/2 mile walk through a dirt road in the woods to the spot. There is no way I could bring everything home, my hands are full with my head alone. Should I put in the extra strength and time to cart my stuff back and forth? Or can I leave it?

2. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    You can leave it there as long as when you bring it up to temp(to practice I assume you turn on a heater of some sort) make sure you let all the condensation dry out of all you gear.