1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cabinet tilt-back attachments?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gremson, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    I've been searching for ideas to tilt back my little Eden 112XLT. It seems that most of the folks on here prefer to carry an extra stand with them. I'm looking for something I can affix to my cab. I like to keep my rig as quick and easy to load as possible.
    All I've found are the Fender tilt-back legs, and the idea to put a metal amp handle on the bottom to prop up the front end of the cab.
    Can anyone recommend other options to point my cabinet at my head without having to carry a separate piece of gear?
    Much appreciated, you beautiful little babies.

2. .
    I use a screwed-on folding door stopper to prop up the front edge of my home built cab.
    There are two rubber feet on the bottom rear side, so the cab is essentially a tripod.
    It's quite stable. I use furniture cups, attached to the cab's top side (in its playing position,
    as opposed to the cab's carrying and storage position), for my amp's feet to sit in, and be secure.

bucket.com%2Falbums%2Ftt189%2Fmarkdb2%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2F2016-02-02%252020.47.20_zpsf4p5znsa.

mbelue likes this.
  3. Take cardboard tube and saw through at an angle. Cut to lengths. Tie together and stow in cab port.

lukaas likes this.
  4. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    Well. I'll give this a whirl for a bit and see how it feels at gigs.
    Just a big hinge from home depot, mounted backwards with a wood shim to make room for the pin.

image_zpsbxvoiobg.

image_zpsarhv8zqa.

It doesn't tilt back as far as I'd like, but maybe as more time goes by more ideas will come!

5. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    Gremson likes this.
  6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Google "Hamilton uni stand"

Around $20.

You're welcome. ;)

7. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
  8. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
  9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yep. He did. But his main requirement was easy to haul. This doesn't take up nearly as much room as a stand. You can literally stick it in your pocket. And it sets up in literally 3 seconds. And it's $20.

Seems cheap and easy.

10. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Your cab's recessed handle will do the same thing except in the horizontal orientation. I'd try using the recessed handle or your hinge with something under it to give a steeper angle. Good luck, Bob

11. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    Yup. I tried that first. Didn't get much tilt out of it. I was able to get the hinge back a bit farther.