Cabinet to pair with Kustom Groove Bass 1200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by americanmade, Mar 13, 2005.

1. americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    I have heard so much about the Kustom Groove Bass 1200 that I have become interested in it. What would be a good cabinet to pair with this head for a fast aggressive power pop sound? What wattage would you recommend? Keep in mind, I am on a budget.
  2. What is that budget? New Avatar, used Eden, used Aguilar, Ampeg...there are lots of good options, just depends on the your budget and the sound you're going for. Wattage ratings don't matter as much because headroom is good, but efficiency is pretty important.
  3. americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    I'd like to keep the price under 400 if possible. I want some growl, but with good definition. I also want to make sure this won't be too much power/volume. I have heard this amp is versatile enough to handle most scenarios, but I am still a little worried that it might be too much power for the medium sized gigs and relatively small practice space. Any insight?
  4. I wouldn't worry about too much power...just turn down. With your budget my suggestion is Avatar. If it were me I'd get the 2x12.

Avatars also have very good power handling, and therefore are a good match for that head.
  5. americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    Have you heard anything about the custom cabs from Low Down Sound in Detroit? In one thread, somebody said they were not very expensive and compete with Avatar.
  6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I can only speak for the Avatars, but I hear the Low Down Sounds are nice also. I have had an Avatar 4x10, 2x10, 1x15, 1x12 compact and 1x12 low frenquecy (got rid of the 4x10 and 1x15, too heavy). My main rig is a 1x12 low frequency on the bottom and a 2x10 on top with the Kustom GB 1200 head. It's a very portable and POWERFULL combination. The 1x12 LF hits a nice low B while the 2x10 is nice and punchy and mid-rangy!

I also have a mini rig consisting of a 1x12 compact (no longer made by Avatar) and a Hartke HA1400 head (140 watts nice light and loud for the watts it's rated at).

To close this, the Kustom GB1200 and Avatar combination is a killer, medium cost rig that looks and sounds like something much, much more expensive. Click on the link in my sig below for my inforamtion on the GB1200...