Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Upgrade (Gallien-Krueger)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ADbassman, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Hi everybody. I recently got a job and am in the market for a new cab to replace my old Hartke 410 VX. I've been looking at those new Gallien-Krueger 2x12 Neo cabs, looks pretty cool. I'd like to get two of them and use my power amp in stereo to give them both around 400 watts or so.

Does anybody have any experience with these cabs or any Gallien Krueger Cabs in general? Also, would there be any problems with phasing between the two cabs even if I used the same length cable from the power amp for each cab. Further, I have a BBE Bmax. Would a splitter cable out the back of the Main out into both Channel A and Channel B cause some problems, or would I need some sort of mixer to do it properly?

Thank you.

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I'll have a new NEO 112 cab by this weekend and will be posting comments so be looking for that. What I have heard about the 2-12 Neo cab is that it rocks, the guys at Low Down Sound used that cab with a 1001RB II head for a show and it apparently turned some heads.
    You don't need a mixer. Check, maybe your power amp has some means of paralleling the inputs via a switch somehow, or just use a Y cord. As long as your speaker cables are wires identically, you shouldnt be out of phase.

3. Alright, sounds good. I'm eager to try one of these things.

4. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I use the 210/115 SBX series cabinets myself and love them. Very high quality and great tone. Based on my experience with those, I wouldn't hesitate to try the Neo series either.