1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cabinets for AMPEG SVT3PRO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ARES75, Apr 30, 2006.

1. ARES75

ARES75

Feb 4, 2005
    Guys,I have got an AMPEG SVT3PRO head and SVT210HE cabinet.I'm happy with the tone but it's not loud enough and the sound is very weak when I play with the band.Which cabinets do you advice.I need much power in volume.May be adding a 1x15.what do you advice.

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    The SVT410HLF is like made for that amp, but if you don't want a whole new set up, the 115 is a good idea.

3. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I have a Genz-Benz 410 XB and NeoX 212T that I use with my SVT-3Pro. Since I got the NeoX my 410 became a dust collector. Both are very loud with great tone.

4. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I would add the SVT 15E. If thats still not loud enough, move up to an SVT 410HE. I have been using that combination of cabs for a long time & find it to be the best of both worlds. The 15 gives nice low end & the 10s nice punch.

I posted some suggested settings for the 3 pro not too long ago. you should be able to find it using search. I mention this because as you turn up, you should ditch the ultra low button (i assume you are using it, nearly everyone does at first) and re-eq the amp for maximum level & tone. All the info is laid out in my earlier post.

5. axe

axe

Feb 1, 2003
    Yukon Oklahoma
    I am going to purchase a SVT-3 PRO soon and was going to use the SVT610 HLF Cab. is this a good set - up ?

6. Adding a 1x15 would be a great idea! I played a 2x10/1x15 setup and really enjoyed it.

P.S. I'm selling an Ampeg BXT 1x15, if you're interested. :D

The 6x10 is a great match for that amp!

7. I use the BXT410HL.

8. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    To get the most out of the SVT3-Pro, be sure you're running a 4 ohm load (i.e. 2 - 8 ohm cabs). Adding a 115 to your 210 will probably get you exactly what you're looking for.

9. I dont agree with the 15inch speaker. SVT can be mudy with it. I had one and ruined my whole sound. I d say go for another 2x10 or 4x10.

10. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    +1

The 410HLF is a nice compliment to the SVT-3.

11. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    +2 that's one of my favorite 410 cabs ever!!!

And to answer your question axe, yes!!!! That should be a killer setup. That cab should last you until your to old and weak to move it any more.:p Oops, after looking at your profile, you may only have a few years left to do just that:bag: Hey, I can say that, i'm only about 3.5 years behind you:bassist:

12. axe

axe

Feb 1, 2003
    Yukon Oklahoma
    Thanks RAYZAK. You are right I do feel sometimes feel to old and weak to move big gear around but I will suffer through it. I appreciate the reply.