Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass man evan, Dec 14, 2005.

1. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005
    i hered that u can run a amp head through a reciever, through a mixer, into a speaker cabinet

i want to try this,b ut when i had my cheap peice of crap berhinger 120 watt. amp for practise, my reciever was broken

i know u can but what speakers do u recomend for a 450 watt. bass amp ehad

cuz i ran a 200 watt. amp head throgyh my reletives reciever, and mixer, intp speakers it soun dded great, but idk want to blow a speaker either

2. It's a bad idea to connect instrument amplifiers to home stereo speakers. You are going to fry one sooner than later, particularly with a higher wattage amplifier.

With a lower power amp you will probably fry it too by turning up past the point of clipping and then toasting the tweeter.

3. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd recommend you buy a bass speaker cabinet, and bypass the reciever, mixer and home stereo speakers.

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

You should fill out your profile.

I'm confused. You heard about this. You want to try it. You then know for a fact that you can do it. Then you've already done it.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This sounds like a horrible way to amplify your bass. It makes me think you're going to end up blowing something up.

If you can afford actual bass equiptment, I say buy it. If you can't and need to be creative...that's fine.

or if you have the money to experiment...that's fine too.

But if you need bass amplification....I recommend buying something that is guaranteed to work. I'm sure Sony's (or whoever) warranty won't cover that.

I covered my recommendations for your amplification and speakers in the other thread that you posted today with that question.

5. I liek this guy he is inovative.

6. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    The correct spelling is "innvoat ive".

Sorry, bass man evan, but one of my pet peeves is bad grammar and bad spelling. Nobody is perfect, but at least make some effort. It will help us to help you.