Cable and connector identification

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, May 20, 2007.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I've got a bunch of these. They're solderless cables. You cut, you push, you screw, it works.
    Much like George L's but very reliable, as a matter of fact I only ever had to redo / cut them when I needed a different cable, not because they stopped working.
    I've been using them for ever, say they probably were bought in late 80's.
    I'd like to get more if they still exist or at least check what the manufacturer has to offer nowadays.
    Problem, I have no idea who made these. No brand on the connectors or cables. Any idea ?

[​IMG]

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Mmmmhh.
    Doesn't seem to ring a bell for anyone...

3. Hi, Jazz Ad

I had one cable with these ends back in late 80's, they were like 3 times the cost a normal would go and as You are forced to use the matching cable for them to work, I didn't buy more.

It worked though, so well in fact that the cable was "borrowed" for an extended periods of time and allthough I did get it back (scribed initials) a few times, now it's gone.

I'd go for it again if working with a cable-snapping-happy band so I could buy a roll of cable and pack of the connectors.

There is one problem and that's oxidation. Mine weren't gold plated and sometimes I had to unscrew the connector snap a couple of cm off the end and clean the connector side.

I believe that I have seen similar products since, but as I have switched to conventional Neutriks, I haven't paid that much attention anyway.

Just my 0.02€
    Sam

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021