Cable and Gear Bag Question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by donnercruz, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. donnercruz

donnercruz Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Northern California
    I've tended to be the guy in our band (and past bands as well) that carries most of the essentials and spares for the band. Lots of mic cables, speaker cables, power strips, extension cords, mics, spare instrument cables, DIs, etc. I find nothing worse than showing up to a gig and not having what we need (long enough extension cords to reach the stage area!).

My most recent bag is this one. Cablephyle-CFB-02 Cable and Accessory Organizer Bag

The problem I have with it is the construction is sub par (granted it's fairly inexpensive, but it does organize well) and, given the weight it will contain, is soft bottomed and wheelless.

In the past I've used multiple milk crates, which tend to loose small stuff and ruin cable ends that end up poking through. Big open boxes/bags tend to be a pain since you have to remove everything to get to that one thing you need at the bottom.

Any great recommendations for cable/gear organizing bags?

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Nice bag, pricey. I use a large lap top bag, approx,$70. Multiple zippered compartments,shoulder strap, Cables,tools, Class D head, strings,picks,mic,etc...
    I too carry extra gear,even items I do not use personally but band members do.
    I.E. Friday night blues gig, hobo guitar player is using the cut off corner of a business card as a pick.
    I have picks, don't use them but saved his stupid ass. He also had one axe and no spare strings geez.
    Milk crates are dual purpose, try lining the insides or be diligent about velcro wraps when storing
    and plug the xlr connectors into each other for added protection.

3. Man, that is
    Man, that is a great idea for a bag. I'm putting that on my wish list.

By the way, why is that we bass players seem to be ones who keep things organized?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021