Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cable "Poll Only" Suggestion...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    There should be a thread that ONLY has a POLL showing how many people use some of the more popular cable companies.

I know that this is a touchy subject around here, but I have been reading through some of the various (now closed) cable threads and it is hard to make heads or tails of them for all the mud-throwing.

A poll only thread might be very informative, without the mud-slinging...I would do one myself, but I don't know how...

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I'd do it but since there are a fair amount of TBers using cables that I made, I think it would seem like a troll.

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I think it would have to be a poll that allows you to make multiple selections.

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    A poll is a good idea, but you should include some brands of bulk cable:

ProCo
    SoundFlex
    Dayton (house brand of Parts Express)
    Belden

And plugs:

Switchcraft
    Neutrik

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Agreed, also Canari bulk cable. Another tricky one is George L cables- they are available in two different gauges, and some people (like me) use George L plugs on Canari or Belden bulk cable.

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well if you want to do it it's easy.

when making a new thread scroll down and you'll find the options which include making the thread a poll. They're pretty self explanitory, i was able to do it.

ya just might want to encourage people to refrain from mudslinging in the thread itself. there have been some pretty heated threads regarding a cable manufacturer or 2 in the past. ;)