Cable "Poll Only" Suggestion...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Rome, GA
    There should be a thread that ONLY has a POLL showing how many people use some of the more popular cable companies.

I know that this is a touchy subject around here, but I have been reading through some of the various (now closed) cable threads and it is hard to make heads or tails of them for all the mud-throwing.

A poll only thread might be very informative, without the mud-slinging...I would do one myself, but I don't know how...

2. I'd do it but since there are a fair amount of TBers using cables that I made, I think it would seem like a troll.

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I think it would have to be a poll that allows you to make multiple selections.

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    A poll is a good idea, but you should include some brands of bulk cable:

ProCo
    SoundFlex
    Dayton (house brand of Parts Express)
    Belden

And plugs:

Switchcraft
    Neutrik

5. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Agreed, also Canari bulk cable. Another tricky one is George L cables- they are available in two different gauges, and some people (like me) use George L plugs on Canari or Belden bulk cable.

6. IvanMike

IvanMike TTRPG enthusiast, Happy, Joyous, & Free. Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well if you want to do it it's easy.

when making a new thread scroll down and you'll find the options which include making the thread a poll. They're pretty self explanitory, i was able to do it.

ya just might want to encourage people to refrain from mudslinging in the thread itself. there have been some pretty heated threads regarding a cable manufacturer or 2 in the past. ;)