Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cable Ties

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trent-35, Aug 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, i was running some errands and got some. I just put one on. I want to make sure i'm doing this the "right way" lol Do you guys put the cable tie over the A string only and under the rest? Thats what i did. Or do you put it over all the strings? I have it placed right about where the nut is at the start of the headstock, and clipped off the slack on the end. I never thought i'd be asking questions about Cable Tie lessons for bass 101. lol Thanks. Trent

------------------

Keep it country!

2. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trent-35:
    Do you guys put the cable tie over the A string only and under the rest? Thats what i did. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely....did it work for you? Pull that mother pretty tight, but not *too* much so as to affect the intonation.

I know why you asked this here in "Basses" (see "Sustain" thread), but technically, I think it should probably go over in Misc...

-GM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.