1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cable Ties

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trent-35, Aug 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, i was running some errands and got some. I just put one on. I want to make sure i'm doing this the "right way" lol Do you guys put the cable tie over the A string only and under the rest? Thats what i did. Or do you put it over all the strings? I have it placed right about where the nut is at the start of the headstock, and clipped off the slack on the end. I never thought i'd be asking questions about Cable Tie lessons for bass 101. lol Thanks. Trent

------------------

Keep it country!

2. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trent-35:
    Do you guys put the cable tie over the A string only and under the rest? Thats what i did. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely....did it work for you? Pull that mother pretty tight, but not *too* much so as to affect the intonation.

I know why you asked this here in "Basses" (see "Sustain" thread), but technically, I think it should probably go over in Misc...

-GM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.