Cables - Lifetime Warrentees - Exchange without reciept?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Minger, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'm the kind of person who has a tendacy to lose/throw out reciepts...

in which, what brands of cables will let you just go to a store and exchange the cable without any hassles or need to see anything or question asked...etc.

I know Monster ones u can, Fender ones and Peavey have lifetime warrentees but can you jsut swap them in the store?
  2. CBI's and Plannet Waves do this too I think.

I know CBI does.
  3. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Any others? Because I want to ge tthe Fender ones but apparently...well, I need the reciept and that bugs me because I really lose them fast...
  4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I don't understand. Just make a folder to keep receipts and your problem is solved. Don't throw out the folder. :confused:
  5. Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    "Lifetime" is a vague concept. What lifetime, who's lifetime, is it the product or the deal? If it's a receipt issue then it's about the deal, not about the product. It's all marketing. Buy the cable you like and deal with folks that treat you fair, forget about the marketing baloney. I have cheap cables that have outlasted so called good ones. I have returned products to get a replacement when I had lost total confidence in the product and really just wanted my money back. Low noise audio cables should be the only ones you can buy!. Don't get me started on cables. End of rant. Sorry for the interruption.
  6. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I've returned messed-up Monster Cables to the company and received free replacements. I did not have a receipt.

7. I did this with a guitar center cable. Nobody at any guitar center has been there for more than 6 months. I told them that 10 years previously, when I had bought the cable from them, they gave me a lifetime warranty (which is actually how I truly remember the deal). Nobody knew anything about it, but they did go ahead and give me a free cable (after looking me up in the computer and seeing that I am a decent customer of theirs).
  8. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    At one of my local music stores, if you buy a tweed AXL cable and it breaks, you can bring it back to the store and get it replaced for free, without a reciept I believe.