Cabling at Woodstock

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ukiah Bass, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Reputedly, this is what live sound cabling looked like at the Woodstock festival.

[​IMG]

2. RichardW

RichardW

Feb 25, 2016
    near Philly
    eh, I'm skeptical. What's the source of this photo? I just watched the PBS documentary about Woodstock and there was a section that discussed the electrical supply to the stage (in the context of protecting it when it started to rain). I can't help but think that if this photo were authentic it might have shown up. I'm not saying the cabling at Woodstock was up to standard, but this photo has hoax written all over it.

Wisebass likes this.
  3. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Source is a local online newspaper, the Anderson Valley Advertiser (in photo url). The editor is typically careful about labeling when unsure. However, these days....

It's hard to believe any venue could function with a cable nest like this one!

4. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    apparently it's from a Peter Gabriel tour – wider view here (don't mind the collage photos):

[​IMG]

...sorry! :ninja: still pretty crazy though.

Wisebass and Ukiah Bass like this.
  5. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Yeah, while I’m not saying that there weren’t road cases at the time(a quick look at the cover of the Allman Bros Fillmore album shows that), those would look way too modern. If anything was in a ‘rack’, those cases were usually hand built. The 19” standard for such equipment was meant for stationary installment, big metal towers, telephone components and early computers being examples. Going mobile with those monsterous Crown and MacIntosh power amps of the era was a relatively new concept.

Google Image Result for https://www.cepro.com/images/wide/Hanley_Sound_rack_eight_MC3500s__two_MI200s_copy.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021