cabs for 700RB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by melon, Sep 27, 2004.

1. melon

Sep 26, 2004
    g'day, bout to buy a GK 700RB ( i tink) but have noticed through this forum that not many GK cabs are mentioned.
    I would like a 210sbx for shed jaming and parties and maybe the 115sbx later if i need it for bottom end.
    q1. Why dont i read to much about GK Cabs on this forum?
    q2. What other cabs should be considered with this amp?
  2. justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I tested all of the GK cabs when I went for a factory visit. I loved them all, but really liked the new NEO 112. That said, I use 1 or 2 Avatar CB112s with my 700RB depending on the gig. I really like the sound of 12s.
  3. melon

Sep 26, 2004
    thanks bd - i will check em out!
  4. bobalu

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    I just got my 700RB last week. I spent several days auditioning various cabs (2X10) including the Ampeg SVT 210, Yorkville, SWR Goliath Jr. lll and the Working Man. I finally bought the Eden 210XLS. To my ears, it sounded best, followed by the Ampeg. This is not a comment on the quality or pricing of the cabinets, only the sound to my ears. The Eden was the most expensive (unfortunately). In all honesty, any of those mentioned cabinets would have been fine for me, but the Eden did stand out quite noticably. If it fits your budget, give it a try. Fwiw, the Yorkville was by far the best "value/price/sound" deal, imo.
  5. melon

Sep 26, 2004
    cheers, are expensive down here in oz!