Cabs for Aguilar DB750

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, Aug 28, 2005.

1. I have thought a lot about Schroeders and Whappos, but ...

What would the 750 sound like with an Aggie GS410 and a GS212?

I'm sure it would get plenty loud, but what would the tone be like? Could you describe it?

Thanks .....
  2. Nothing wil sound as good as an El Whappo!! BUT almost any cab will sound pretty good!!!

3. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    The GS410 would be powerful. It will cut through like a razor. The high end is not the most hi-fi, but definitely on loud stage. For brute force the GS410 is great. Good low mids... think of an improved eden 410xlt... the same but smoother. I like it alot. I haven't heard the el whappo but the 750 will work with anything well. It's a great amp. The berg 322 is great also.
  4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I played one through a GS112 and a GS210 and it sounded VERY good.
    Plenty of low end heft and lots of punch.

I'd think the GS212 and GS410 would sound really VERY good.

...or an Epifani 410UL.

I'd bet several Bergantino cabs would sound awesome with it as well, especially the HT210S + EX112S stack or the NV215. would an Accugroove Tri 112 + Tri 210... would a Schroeder 21012.

My suggestion would be to try them all out and see what fits your personal tastes best. :bassist:
  5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Come to think of it, has anyone here tried an Aguilar DB 750 with an EA CxL-112 + NL-210?

That might sound outstanding as well.
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    mentioned in another thread,

but today, i got to try an aggie stack consisting of a GS210 + GS115, and HOLY CRAP! the sound was gynormous. fat, punchie, and quite deep feeling.

i'm sure those other cabs are great with the DB750, but Dave & Co. have good tone/ears.

also, i've tried a 750 thru an Epifani NYC-310, and that by far is my fav combo. played that with a Mike Lull jazz, and i just COULD NOT turn off the rig. i'd hit a low E, and just let it sustain for a good minute, while murmuring to myself, "ohh, that's goooood..."
  7. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I had an epifani 410 ul and didn't really care for it. I use a GS410 and GS112 with it and it sounds killer. I would like to try a Bregantino HT322 also