cabs for me.?.?.?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by suasa, Dec 5, 2003.

1. alright i just won a fender bxr400 u can view it here anyway its 2 channels that both push 200 watts at 4 ohms but they cant be bridged meaning i am gonna need 2 seperate cabs. but for now i am gonna go with a 1x12 as i only have about 400 canadian left. which leaves me wiht nothing but avatar as a choice at least i think. so in short i need a 1x12 cab at 4 ohms capeable of handling 200 watts for under $400 CANADIAN. the other problem is i live in a small city like 25,000 people and there really isnt much used bass equipment although i am looking so i think i am gonna be forced to buy new. Also i was wondering if i could test the amp through my current piece. Right now i have a squire bp15, it has a input jack, headphone, and a ext speaker jack, the amp has one 10inch speaker running at 15 watts so can i use this to test my amp without totally frying it. I am thinkin not but mabey one of you will know i can if i can. anyway withough babling anymore i will say thanks ahead of time and tahts all for now.
  2. bump come on people help me out here
  3. Well, you could test the preamp section of your BXR400--come out of the Preamp out and plug that into your little amp.

DON'T plug the Speaker Out into your little amp's input.

And the only way to try testing the power amp of the BXR400 will be to plug it into a real speaker. You can't just plug it into the Ext Speaker jack of your little amp. (PLEASE don't try this, you could fry both amps)

Conceivably, you could open up your little amp and disconnect its speaker from the built-in amp, then wire from your new amp to the speaker. However, the little 10 inch speaker may not handle more than a few seconds worth of 200 watts of power before it burns out.

Bottom line: hunt for a couple of cheap used cabs.
  4. Try and find a BXR cab, I used to have one with an 18 and two 10" speakers or Peavey also made a similar cab as well.
  5. okay so i have to get a cab to test my amp too bad i am soo poor. and no they dont have to be 4 ohms i just want them to be so i can use the full power of my amp. eventually i will probably have 4 8ohm cabs running off this amp. But just to start i would like 2 4ohm cabs to utilize the power of my amp. so thanks for the help guys anyone got any other suggestions on cabs for cheap. I dont really wanna have to order from the U.S because i will have to pay customs and all that bad stuff. And does anyone know why there arent any speaker cabinets on ebay??
  6. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I just searched on "bass guitar speaker" on ebay and got 30 hits.

Suggestion- if you don't have money to throw away, and you plan on having (4) 8 ohm cabs, start by buying 8 ohm cabs. The sound level difference between 165w at 8 ohms and 200w at 4 ohms is not likely to be that much.
  7. i am pretty sure the amp works at least they told me it worked. and yah i was talkin about it would be very cool if u could try it out for me. I already sent my money order to them though actually i sent it today so it will be there like monday or tuesday. they probably wont send the amp until the end of the week. so smash if u want to chek it out for me the adress is
    Common Exchange Ltd.
    10732 King George Hwy.
    Surrey, B.C.
    V3T 2X7
    anyway let me know if you are gonna chek it for me because i would greatly appreciate it. also why arent there any bass cabinets on i found one and it is a 70s orange amp cab with a single 15".