Cabs for Tube Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MikeMess, Oct 2, 2004.

1. I've read that sealed cabs really make tube amps shine, but most of the sealed cabs I've seen are rather expensive... Are there any light-weight sealed cabs? Also any other cab recommendations would be nice. I'll be using a Trace Elliot v6.
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i've never really heard that about sealed cabs and tube amps. The only thing i could think of is that tube amps tend to have lower damping factors than ss amps and the speakers in the sealed cabinet might be easier for the tube amp to "control". but that's just a wild guess. IF you've scored a V6 you're one lucky cat, that's a hell of an amp. I've heard them sound great thru bag end cabinets, but i'm sure it would sound good thru anything.
  3. strah

Oct 1, 2004
    I'va got a V6 as well and I'm lookin for a new cab. I've tried a ampeg 810 and that sounded great but it's a little to big for me. I want something smaller. Let me know what you buy eventually and how it sounds.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I dug the tone my Schroeder 1210 put out with my Sunn Sceptre (only 1 pair of 6550) so much that I've ordered a second Schroeder (1212 this time) and I'm picking up a Classic 400 (4 pair of 6550) to push them with.
  5. Rumor has it that the Bergantino NV610 is a superb complement to an all-tube head.