1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cabs: Schroeder vs SWR vs GK. Help me pick a cab for a GK1001RB II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deputyjk, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Schroeder 1212 BMF

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. SWR golight 410

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. GK 212 neo

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. deputyjk

deputyjk

Nov 23, 2005
    I play a stingray doing covers of U2, Thin Lizzy, Simple Minds, Bob Marley, AcDc, etc.

Looking for a cab to go with a GK1001RB II I am about to purchase.

I do like a big bottom end with punchy mids to cut through. Currently using a SWR workingpro 410 & 115 but my back wants to get something half the size, that sounds twice as good;)

I have narrowed it down to a Schroeder 1212BMF, Golight 410 & GK212 neo

2. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Aguilar DB212. Played one at BassNW. Just sick. I was going to buy it until I realized I couldn't fit it into my Jetta. So I went with a TC 212. Also really but not quite as punchy, close though. I play them through a GK 700rbII and a stingray. I play rock and funk and little jazz.

3. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Oops o just saw your poll up top. THen I'd go with the SWR 410.

4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I'd go with an 8X10.

5. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    From the one's you've listed, the SWR would be my choice.
    I'd also suggest your checking out Avatar's bass cabinets.
    You can get alot of cab for your money with Avatar, and IMHO, Avatar's are right on par with most of the commercially made brand name cabs that are available.
    www.avatarspeakers.com

6. deputyjk

deputyjk

Nov 23, 2005
    Floyd Eye
    I am looking for something as compact as possible. I'd love an 8x10 but would not fit in car and certainly wont do my back any favours.

Shoot-r
    Unfortunately the Avatar's are not available in Europe.

Have to say I thought the Shroeder would of topped the Poll! Seems to be a lot of Schroeder fans on TB. I was thinking the SWR prior to looking at the reviews on TB.

7. deputyjk

deputyjk

Nov 23, 2005
    Did anyone ever do a comparison between the SWR golight 410 and the GK 212 neo?

Wondering how they would compare at the low end?

8. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    I used a 1212BMF with the same amp. Killer combo! Actually thinking about buying another 1212BMF.

9. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I have a G-K 700RB-II, which I used to run through an SWR Goliath III. But I also had a G-K Neo112, and grew to prefer its tone, so I sold the SWR and bought another. I would therefore recommend the G-K Neo212. The G-K Neos have lots of depth and full-range clarity, and can adapt to all sorts of playing situations. Plus you'll be able to take advantage of the G-K's Horn Management System, which is cool.

I bet the new SWR cabs are cool though, and I'm especially curious about the Marcus Miller sealed 4x10. I'd love to find out how my G-K head and G&L SB-2 would sound through that.

10. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I use a GK neo 410 and a GK neo 210 along with my 1001rbII and mb2. They are great cabs and very under rated. They will match up PERFECTLY with your 1001rbII. I have used a bunch of other cabs and heads, but always come back to GK.

11. bassike

bassike

Apr 24, 2008
    Montreal
    out of curiosity why you want to compare the swr 4X10 and the GK 2X12 instead of the 4X10