Cabs with a GK 1001rbII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vinpaul, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey everyone,
    Im getting a new GK 1001rbII next week (or week after) and was wanting to hear some poinions on the cab I should get for it? I play in a loud rock band basically, and play pretty damn agressively with my fingers (on the upbeat songs anyway lol). Anyway I find that because of that I get a lot of crackling out of my cab (I havea very ****ty Hartke VX, hate it) and that is even when the treble isnt boosted. I realise a bit of that comes with playing aggressively but Id like to keep it to a minimum.

anyway the choice of cabs includes:
    GK Neo 212, GK 410SBX, Warwick 610, Avatar (212 , or 210 plus 115) and anything else in the price range of those. Dude at the store is reccomending the warwick but Im not sure if the 610 will give me enough lows and Id be a bitch to add another cab to the set up (which is what Id plan on doing in the future if I got say a 212). Anyway what do you think? How do 212 go when played real loudly and aggressively (2 loudass dguitars and a drummer who loves metal)> Thanks heaps

PS-almost forgot, currently Im playing a Spector Q4
  2. lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Genz Benz might be option too I think.
  3. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Yeah solid point, the shop close to me only has the Live series which is the more affordable range I havent heard much about, but Im pretty sure one shop has a 410 XB
  4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The Avatar 1x12 and 2x10 on top option works great! I had this setup and loved it.
  5. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    there is a used goliath 410 Ive just found that is also an option, its the early model from like 1989
  6. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I've heard good things about the GK NEO 2X12. Maybe a 6X10 would be louder though. More cone area working for you in that instance.
  7. My Eden DXLT115 and 210 cabs cover just about any situation. I usually have to keep the volume down. Got 'em used off Ebay.
  8. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    you can buy my Eden 410XLT off me..... its in damn good shape :) I have only had this setup for a month and I love the tone but have to part with it...
  9. Just out of curiosity, did you order the amp or are you picking one up in stock? If you ordered it you won't get it until late October. The shipment for the Australian supplier has been delayed about a month. I know this cause I'm waiting on mine :bawl:
  10. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    nah mate, picking it up in stock :)
  11. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    hey schmituml, do u live in the US?
  12. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I have the 1001RBII and play through a combo of avatar cabs. For what you are playing, the 212 LF and the 210 LF is a great choice. Lots of lows and the 210 packs a great punch. I have the B212LF, two SB112s and a B210LF.

Someone else mentioned GenzBenz. Their standard 410 with the ports in the back is also a great cab. The best 410 I have ever played through.

Good luck!

13. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    In case you are wondering DR. Bass will can make any of their cabs with a GK HMS compatible tweeter as an option. So you don't have to get a GK cab to use the biamp feature. GK cabs are still nice though.
  14. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    thanks, but since Im in Melbourne I dont really wanna bother with ordering cabs from overseas, just dont need the hastle, a head one day maybe but not cabs I dont think. thanks anyway though
  15. shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    can u get avatar in Aus then? i heard they dont ship overseas but they do have an Aus distributer email on their site... but its for sum guy that obviously works at a 4wd shop?? so mayb they do
  16. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Commercial User

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I build guitars and sell them. Strings, too
    I have a schroeder 410 with my GK 1001RBII. Holy crap this combo sounds good and extremely loud!!!
  17. sgraham

Aug 30, 2000
    Tyler, TX
    I'll second that. This is the exact set-up I use and I LOVE it.
    Avatar's are a GREAT deal. The 2x12 and 2x10 would really be cool, but I have the 1x12 so it will fit in my trunk. I usually play small clubs w/ a pretty loud classic rock trio and the 1x12
    and 2x10 work fine. You'll have plenty of power w/ the GK 1001RBII, and the Avatars can handle it. :bassist:
  18. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Cant get schroeder here unfortunately, and yeah there is a distributor of avatar here in OZ, although Ive e mailed him and hes really late with answering my e mails and the last one he hasnt answered at all so Im a bit hesitant to be honest
  19. shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    well i just thought it was odd that he was from a 4wd drive shop so maybe he's distributing avatar as a side thing?

did u get any prices for the cabs? are they reasonably cheap?
  20. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    yeah he must be Im not sure. He said the 410 was just under 900 and the 115 was just ober 600 from memory. I asked him bout 212 and 210 bout 3 or 4 days ago and hes yet to reply