Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cachao at Playboy Jazz Festival Hollywood

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by MuddyDread, Jun 21, 2005.

1. MuddyDread

MuddyDread

Jan 20, 2005
    This is the fattest upright sound I have heard from any bass player. He had that bow working too.
    Tight hot afro cuban band. Can anyone recommend CD's cause he have many. I'm sure my TalkBass brother have some favorite songs to recommend. Cachao is in a class of his own. He had that PA at Hollywood Bowl Boomin and I was on the back row, in the cheap seats:) I decided to get closer. That Double Bass was drawing me closer to the stage. When I got to the stage, His set was ending. But! I got a eye full of that shiney Double Bass. Now I want more. My bass guitar is not producing this sound. Now I want to go Double Bass.
    MuddyDread

2. I have Master Sessions, Vol. 1 and really enjoy it. Highly recommended.

3. MuddyDread

MuddyDread

Jan 20, 2005
    thanks BaBa..I will start there....How do I post a picture?

4. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    NYC
    It's a very expensive curse that has you hooked, join the club. Worth every min. of it.

5. dylanjohnson

dylanjohnson Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    try to pick up Cuban Jam Session Vol. 2 on Panart. These are his most famous descarga recordings from the late 50s in Cuba. The songs are on many other compilations etc.