...well pretty much done. I thought that I would get some pics up here so that yall could get a good look see over the holidays. Of course you'll notice the empty holes in the body. Those are to be filled with the pots of a Fender preamp but I haven't located the needed switch for the setup that I want. Rather than have to take it all out again, I left'em open. Sorry for the crudeness. What you see here is the results of about 60 hours of work. The 2 piece body is maple and was designed on the computer and routed from a blank that I made. I purchased the wood locally and did all of the joinery with the help of a friend with a planer and joiner (c'mon Santa!) All of the components were measured and entered into the computer to do all inletting and drilling. The neck is a used Warmoth, purchased off of Ebay that I reconditioned. It's birdseye maple with an ebony fingerboard. I used steel inserts and stainless steel machine screws for mounting instead of the usual wood screws. The pickups are Seymour Duncan Basslines Jazz Antiquities. The preamp has treble/bass boost and cut, volume and a passive/active swithch. I am adding an additional pickup selector switch (thats whats holding up the works). The bridge is a Schaller roller that's been modified for stringing through the body. The tuners are an inexpensive but well made set that feature adjustable gear lash. The nut is my own design and is fashioned from T6-6061 aircraft aluminum. All mounting hardware is stainless steel. Though I haven't done a final tally on costs, it looks like just over $450 not including the additional specialty tools I needed for construction. Yep, there were several mistakes made during construction. Some were just stoopid, others were caused by inattention to details. All have been corrected both on the bass and in the data files. The really neat thing is that whenever I want, I can just build another to my liking.