1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cafe Walter HA-1A review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dharma, Mar 31, 2006.

1. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    If you read all about it on Walter's site, he mentions that headphones of too low impedance will lead to breakup and possibly blown output transistors. I was using some cheap 'phones for a while that had this problem. I upgraded to the same ones Walter uses (Grado SR80) and have no more farting issues. ;)

2. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    OK after struggling with practice amplification for 7 months in my home away from home apartment (did I mention I detest apartments?), I finally broke down and bought one of these things. Best bass purchase I have made in the last year by far. The tone in this thing is perfect. Great piece of gear for the apartment dwelling bass player.

3. Just checking on something. Is there any hiss in the aux-in line with the HA-1A? I use the Earwig, which is far less but certainly not the build of the Cafe Walter either - and lots of noise/hiss in the aux-in line.
    Thanks!

4. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Unfortunately my HA-1A migrated up to our northern spot where it is presumably buried under 3 feet of snow. But, IIRC the Aux In was pretty dead quiet. Nice unit.

5. Good (as I thought), thanks. Its a well built mini tank for sure.
    Hope you can shovel yours out!