1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Caffeine withdrawal

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    sucks :meh:

Yesterday I switched from 4 cups a day to 1 cup at breakfast...

I've been dizzy since yesterday morning.

:eek:

2. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    Did you put sugar in your coffee?

3. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I remember a friend of mine, on the first day back at school, was throwing up by lunch time.

He managed to get addicted to caffine over the holidays (A couple of 2L bottles of Coke will do that..) And as he couldn't get any at school, he got quite some major withdrawl symptoms.

4. Why would you do that to yourself? I love coffee (dark roast, mainly). I can go without coffee, but I choose not to.

Recently my parents brought a bunch of coffee back from Cuba. I've had some dark roasts, and I've had some espresso... but this, my friends... this was unreal. It's like having your ass kicked first thing in the morning.

5. I'm lucky in that I can't get addicted to caffeine, more than a couple cups a day and I get heart palpitations and a case of the fall downs :p

Tho I do like a good coffee :)

6. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    Join the club - that's how I feel about tobacco :)

7. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I drink a daily cup of coffee and I feel great. The trick is to NOT drink it first thing in the morning. If your body still has to fully wake up by itself, the daily cup is more of a boost than a crutch.

My 10 AM coffee usually feels great :)

8. You need to drink more coffee, to get rid of these symptoms.

9. beatlesfan64

beatlesfan64

Apr 11, 2010
    I have abruptly stopped both heavy marijuana use and heavy caffeine use....

you have been warned:mad:

haha...just kidding about that last part, I am enjoying my new life! I am too young (23) for daily use of drugs...:D

10. Hell yes.

I could drink coffee non-stop. I have a travel press/mug like this:
    [​IMG]

I've never had coffee stay so warm for so long.

For you coffee lovers, Dave Grohl lovers, or a combination of the two:

11. ... and the aftermath:

12. i get headaches when i'm deprived........i don't know how people function without it.....that being said it does seem a lot harder to find a decent cuppacoffee these days

13. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I had to stop drinking coffee about 4 years ago due to some heart problems...and I had horrible headaches for about two months right after I stopped.

14. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, I used to get really nasty ones as well, when I'd reduce my intake. After a few of these, I decided I didn't like getting headaches, and pretty much quit regular caffeine use all together.

I'll still drink the occasional iced tea, but I haven't been a daily drinker since my teenage years and I'm much happier without it.

15. Some day I may look back and regret the caffeine intake... until then, I'll keep given'er.

I worked in a Urology office for a while and I've seen a lot of urinary problems from coffee. These people were drinking coffee in the morning, at lunch, and just before bed.

16. I just went through the withdrawal myself. It DOES suck...and the withdrawal symptoms have been different every time I've done it. This time I didn't get a headache, but had body aches. Before I've had the headache from heck and could hardly see straight. I love caffeine and coffee (especially White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks) but it doesn't love me. I actually feel much better physically when I get off of the stuff, but it's so addictive. I'm one of those people that can't just have a "little" coffee, or a "little" Mountain Dew (another weakness), but I tend to go overboard and not be able to sleep for days. LOL

17. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Last I heard coffee lowers the chance of heart attack. :hyper:

18. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Man, it's time for that morning cup :)

19. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Being English, tea is my mild caffeine fix.

Before my first cup of tea in the morning, I could cheerfully slaughter hundreds of innocent babies. But after that, I usually calm down a little.

20. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    :D