Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cage match:Munchkins vs Oompa-Loompas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Oompa-Loompas

25 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Munchkins

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Other/carrots(please specify)

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Godzilla vs Mothra. :rolleyes: Alien vs Predator. :rollno: Kramer vs Kramer. :eek: Pffft. In the Octagon- no holds barred- who would win?

2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Oompa Loompas

Godzilla

Predator

and um...Kramer. Or Spector.

3. I was merely *mocking* all but the title match. Munchkins vs Oompa-Loompas. To the death. :eek: Who would emerge victorious?

Umm..
    Is this really that offensive, or just too silly to respond to?

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Hey Jimi, tilt and pinch. If that doesn't stop the bleeding; rub your eyes with a pickle.

5. Well... the Munchkins grew up in the streets. They'd kick the Oompa-Loompas up and down that yellow brick road. :p

6. The Lollipop Guild? Dude, they live UNDER the streets. Sub-ghetto.

7. Any new thoughts on this?

8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Oompa Loompas! They're miltaristic, they'd execute an swift assault and quickly overrun the borders of Munchinkin Land!

Plus they're kind of creepy. Tell me waking up surrounded by Oompa Loompas wouldn't freak you the !@#$ out!

9. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Are we talking about Tim Burton's Oompa Loompas or the ones from that horrid Gene Wilder film? :ninja: The Tim Burton Oomps didn't look like they'd take any crap - not like those squeeky-voiced munchkin wimps! So yeah, I'm going with the Oompa Loompas (fiendish little beasts that they are).

10. I agree...Burton's Oompa Loompas would freakin' own the Munchkins. No problem.

- edit - I just now noticed the date on this...just thought I'd share that.

11. if wrestlemania III taught us anything.. it's that midgets and dwarves suck at fighting. i'd rather watch the olympic commercials on NBC.

12. The Oompa Loompas for sure.

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    The Oompa Loompa's and the Munchkins do have a lot in common. They both are short. They both dress funny. AND both sing happy music while they work. However, if was to put my money on which one would have the happy song to sing while committing genocide, it would have to be the Oompa Loompas. No contest. It would spread from the Octagon into total world conquest.

14. [reaches through computer to administer a much-needed blow to the temple w/a large, cast-iron skillet]

Gene Wilder's hair is a GENIUS, man. I will consider forgiving you if you were not alive during any portion of the 70s.

Carry on

15. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    The Lollipop Guild was raised on the mean streets of Munchkinland. They faced hardships and brutalities that you could never imagine. They are ruthless murderers and cutthroats, not to be trifled with.

[​IMG]

True gangsters.

16. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Oompa Loompas all the way, if you lived in a candy factory and probably ate candy all day, you would be pretty wired, especially with wonka, probably create a steroid candy bar or something magical. They have the upper hand.

17. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Oompa Loompas all the way. If it wasn't for some random girl falling out of the sky, they would still be under a witch. Then again, if it wasn't for willy wonka, the oompa loompas would still be in their own land getting their asses kicked. But willy wonka kept them disciplined and in shape, while those munchkins prolly got fat and lazy once dorthy left.

18. Oh, look- I've added a poll to make it all scientifical and stuff.

19. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Oomploompa's had to fend off Wangdoodle's, Hornswogglers, Snozzwangers, and Vermicious Knids when they lived in OompaLoompa Land.

The Munchkins had to deal with a witch or two.

Vermicious Knids > Witches

In a fight, my money is on the OompaLoompa's. It's a well know fact that the Munchkins throw the better party of the two groups however.

20. Munchkins are little girly-men...just look at that hair. And one of them even has a pom-pom (clear signs of cheerleader-itis). They're just standing there, wearing plaid and playing pocket-pool...

[​IMG]

...while this bad-ass mofo has already got his 'tude on and is good to go, even with his stripy socks and sleeves. Don' mess wit tha socks...

[​IMG]