1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cai Marle-Garcia - 'Mr. Ears' (+ free mp3!)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassmancai, Oct 11, 2009.

1. bassmancai

bassmancai

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey guys!

Last Monday (October 5th) I released the CD version of my debut world jazz fusion album 'Mr. Ears'. It features all original compositions by myself alongside a host of fantastic musicians from the UK (including Tony Woods, Kit Downes, Freddie Gavita, Duncan Eagles, Martyn Kaine, Rob Sell, Dan Paton, Sagat Guirey and Stuart Semple amongst others) as well as me on bass.

The launch gig for 'Mr. Ears' is on Thursday 17th December at Charlie Wrights International in London, so if you're in town come and catch it! The venue has had a ridiculous line-up of top bassists in the last year or so including Janek Gwizdala, Hadrien Feraud, Linley Marthe and in November Dominique di Piazza.

You can check out more on me at my website www.caimarlegarcia.com where you can also download a free mp3 from the album. In the meantime, here are some recent reviews and comments on 'Mr. Ears', and some links to some youtube clips of me in my new trio 'Miscellany'.

"...with Cai's abundance of catchy tunes, snaking funk riffs and his own forceful fretless playing showing he has plenty of original ideas...Marle-Garcia drives this band along with bubbling basslines and some serious solos.

"'Mr. Ears' is a satisfying and substantial album that marks the arrival of a promising new British bass talent."

BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE review by Mike Flynn

"'Mr. Ears' sounds immense. Great solos, beautiful touch and wonderfully melodic...and the writing is brilliant."

Bassist Laurence Cottle

"[Mr. Ears is] pleasantly melodic and immaculately played with Marle-Garcia's rippling, bubbling bass at the heart of the sound providing stimulus for some classy soloing...Marle-Garcia's lovely liquid electric bass...[sounds] remarkably like Jaco in one of his more lyrical moments.

"There is considerable potential here. Cai Marle-Garcia is definitely one to watch."

Ian Mann - www.thejazzmann.com

"Cai Marle-Garcia is a fretless phenomenon. He is one of those very rare players that is connected to the portal, that somehow allows him to play with a pure spirit. No filters, no ego trips...just the pure joy of musical genius.

While there are many players that excel at mimicking my dear friend, the late great Jaco Pastorius, Cai has a certain spark of originality that will someday develop into a full-blown firestorm, of music yet to be heard."

Guitarist and composer Dann Glenn

Youtube vids: