1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cain Velasquez... wow

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by zachoff, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Dude destroyed. That's all. No, I'm not Latino... Yes, I'm Nordic. Velasquez is the man right now.

2. TOOL460002

TOOL460002 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz CA
    i dont c are, because i just watched it a few minutes ago, but you might not want to spoil it for the other folks... just sayin...

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah... I watched it after the fact. Although it seems perfectly acceptable here to give away the results of other sports in the title of the thread.

Velasquez executed his stated gameplan with great skill. If Lesnar wants to attain true greatness then he has to come up with something better than the turtle defense when assailed by punches. It almost got him in the last fight and it got him last night. Carwin gassing out saved him last time and we all knew that wouldnt happen this time. In the past we've seen him come back from the past fight having solved his past weakness. He has clearly not resolved his problem of how to deal with a big dude punching you in the face repeatedly.

bc

4. jordy_on_bass

jordy_on_bass

Jul 6, 2010
    Australia
    I respect that Brock Lesnar is a great natural athlete, but Cain Velasquez is as well and has the cardio to boot. That seriously looked more like a bully beatdown fight that a UFC world heavyweight championship fight. I was pretty disgusted with how Lesnar pushed that copper on his way out though, pretty disrespectful and very WWE.

When me and the wife were watching the guy clean up the gash on Lesnar's cheek and it gaped open, she said 'Oh my god, he punched a hole in his face!!' lol

Cheers,
    Jordan

5. I'm just pissed I stayed up sooo late (east coast... main event came on LATE) just to watch it end in 4 minutes and change.

6. I am very surprised. I was expecting Brock to manhandle him. I see a rematch in the very near future. I honestly think that Brock will learn a lot from this and will come back even better. Brock has actually earned me as a fan "Cain was the better fighter tonight", honest, humble and made no excuses. I can't wait to see him fight again.

lowsound

7. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I'm still not a fan of him, but I read a few articles about him the other day and that statement he made make me respect him more.

8. I forgot to add, anyone that is 264lbs and has a 6-pack has my upmost respect as an athlete.

lowsound

9. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I don't think Lesnar should get a "rematch." If anything Carwin deserves a shot at Cain before "I've been beat into a fetal position twice in a row" gets one.

10. I felt the same way about the Nogueira fight in Sydney earlier this year. I'm a huge Nogueira fan and I even went up to see the fight and he was KOed in a few seconds :rollno:

11. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Yea.

12. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    My wife said that fight was just like our wedding night. She stayed up late for the main event and it was over in 2 minutes...

13. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Dominated.

14. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    LOL!

15. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Don't we all struggle with that problem?