cake:some of the sweetest bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ryan morris, May 22, 2001.

1. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    after years i finally dug out my old cake albums(motercade of generosity and fashion nugget) and put them in my cd player. wow, i still love this guy. he was prob. my first inspiration to play bass. what a hero in my book. what do you guys think of him? oh, and cake is supposed to be releasing a new album this summer with gabe nelson playing bass. gabe is awesome on prolonging. i think cake is an amazing band. they're kind of like primus on barbiturates. anyways, laterdays
  2. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    hehe....Nailed it right on the head! But seriously, I think he has a unique tone. Cake is a great band.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I always kinda liked 'em, but once I started to actually listen to bass and put in this CD I had with "The Distance" on it, and actually listened to the bassline, I said "Wow, this is great!". He's got a really good tone, in my opinion. If I could get anyone's it would probably be that guy's.
  4. Yea man my friend let me borrow his Cake album a while back and I always wanted to be able to play some of his songs. I'd say their cover of "I will survive" is my favorite song. His name is Vic Damione right?
  5. nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    I like Cake, and my fav. Cake song is definitely the cover of 'I will survive.' Its so awesome! I learned to play it, its quite fun. :) Later

6. a band. a good band at that. :)
  7. ¤-AdAm N-¤

¤-AdAm N-¤ Guest

May 23, 2001
    Sheep go to heaven! Goats... go to hell.

hehe. I love that song. :D
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    could ya be a little more vague for me there? What do they do? Style of music, songs etc.
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Their big hit was "The Distance" and they also did pretty well by covering "I Will Survive". It's hard to describe them, but they're just a quirky kind of rock band, I guess. Funny stuff usually. They're one of those hard to define bands.
  10. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    i would have to compare them ith ween or something. they are funny like that. like i said previously, primus on barbiturates. umm..their sound is kinda countryish, but it's not. the bass is like a real low tone and dull, but awesome. interresting stuff definately. thier first big hit was 'how do you afford your "rock'n'roll lifestyle" ' . but thier second cd "fashion nugget" is the one i'd recommend to everyone. later days, ryan