Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cakewalk 9.0 & Windows XP!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Oldtimer, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 4, 2002
    New Mexico
    I'm having trouble loading Cakewalk 9.0 on my new computer! It runs Windows XP and won't go through setup.exe. Says I need "microsoft Directshow 5" or an upgrade. If I bypass that box, It starts to install and then I get an "error message 113" or it just freezes. Is this older program not compatible with XP? Any help is appreciated.:(

2. Some people have problems with Cakewalk 9 and Windows XP and some people don't.

You can try spoofing the program using the Program Compatibility Wizard - that might work.

good luck!

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 4, 2002
    New Mexico
    Hey Allan! You're omnipresent. Do you know if that program was originally Windows '95 or '98?

4. Looks like I'm not the only one who's omnipresnt, Oldtimer ;)

I don't know whether 95/98 will matter - but it was released after Win98 was. Either should work.

I did a web search and couldn't find a foolproof method of installing it - but some people have had some luck using the compatibility wizard. Good luck - it's definitely worth a shot.