Cakewalk 9 for dummy (me)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 21, 2002.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'm a dummy beginner with this revered software. installed the software on my Pc and had some problems, i can't hear nothing!!!

speakers are rightly connected. what can it be?

2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Have you selected an output for your audio?
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    you completely understood my problem!!

that's where i lost myself. which one is the right output? has the thing something to do with midi or not? actually i am using a pc with a simple soundblaster pci audio card (i'll upgrade if needed in the future...) and i am not really using midi. i want to record some bass and guitars only and use the pc as a scrapbook only.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Choosing the right audio driver is usually not the problem, since most audio apps default to the "preferred" driver which is the driver that Windows uses when no driver is specified. You can still choose the driver somewhere in Cakewalk's audio options.

What most people forget is to enable the right input (line in or mic in) and to set the levels in <b>Windows mixer</b> (control center -> sound).
    There's also a setting called "All U hear" with Creative cards, this records all sources.

MIDI is another matter, you usually just set this to Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth (Windows XP).
  5. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    asap i'll take i look... now i am at work!!

thanks, i'll post again if in trouble... and i'l be in trouble for sure!