Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cakewalk Help

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I need to know how to export projects into MP3 files. Every time I try to do so, it changes the name of the tracks and all I hear is nothingness.

2. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    When you go to "export audio" and select MP3 and your file type , the name comes up as " *.mp3 " you need to ditch the " * " and put the name you want to save it as, there .
    If you're trying to export midi tracks to mp3 , your first need to create a new audio track and record the midi track to it , and then delete the midi, otherwise the midi track wont export to the mp3.
    Hope this makes sense , I'm half asleep lol

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Isn't it also that with Cakewalk, you have to mark the tracks and the length which you want to be exported, or it will not work? Something like that? It's been a while since I last used it.

4. Absolutely, if the tracks are not selected, they will not export to mp3, wav or anything else.

Fortunately you can ctrl A to get all of your tracks or cntrl select for multiple but not all tracks

5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I've selected all the tracks, but I go to Mixdown Audio and the Export File option is grey. So how do I even get to the save as thing?

6. I'm sure there are variations in CW versions that I don't know about.. I only have Homestudio, but can't you pull down the file menu to export audio, what's this mixdown audio business, is that a Sonar thing?

Are you sure your soundcard is configured correctly?

What changed from when you began this thread when the outputs were "nothingness?"

7. user

user

Oct 26, 2003
    Chicago
    Also, when I use Cakewalk Sonar 2 to export my songs to MP3 I have to make sure that it is exported as 16bit Stereo. If you export in 24 bit mode you will get silence.