Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey guys,

I recently installed Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 onto my computer, and need some help. I know how to record onto it, and have done it. What I can't figure out is how to turn my recording into a .mp3 or some other type of audio file. I have iut saved as a cakewalk default file. I searched the help thingy, and didn't get any help from it. Can anyone out there walk me through the process? I am sure it is pretty simple and quick, but I just don't see it.

Thanks a bunch!

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The only way I know would be to mix-down to an external recording device then sample that external source and save as MP3. I would personally use MiniDisc as my mix-down master just because I have it and it sounds great. If all your tracks are digital you may be able to get some kind of loopback recording to work, but I'm not sure how that would work.

I believe Cakewalk has a forum at their site that will probably help a lot better than Talkbass. Why don't you take a look!

3. I am not sure, but I believe it is: Go to the top and pull down the menu "Tools". From there go to "Mixdown Audio" and then right to "Export File(s)"

4. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks a lot Philbiker, for the advice. Merlin helped me out when he came online, not too long after I made this thread. There is a way to export it as a .wav or .mp3, and he helped me out with it. Thanks for the suggestion though!

5. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    [my last post was written at the same time as rifter's]

Yeah, that is what Merlin told me. Thanks for the help guys:)