California Has the Worst Quality of Life in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FingerDub, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
  2. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    As I've long suspected.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  3. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Can-o-worms reply here...

I would be very curious to see the ethnicity break down and the immigrant breakdown. I'm going to hazard a guess that Iowa lags far behind California in representing a true slice of Americas pie. It's not perfect here, but It's also much richer in diversity, which I personally value.

4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I visited San Diego, Palm Springs/Yucca Valley area back in the 90's... loved it, but wouldn't want to live, nor retire, there...

... just me, I guess.

5. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

The five highest ranking states - "North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and South Dakota"

I guess it just depends upon the scale being used for measurement.

6. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    "The five highest-ranked states in that category — North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and South Dakota — each maintain an average winter temperature that's under 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Frankly, no pleasant interaction can make up for that kind of unbearable, frigid weather."

I think they get more done in a day, as they tend to talk faster, due to the cold.

Razman, woodyng2, GregC and 1 other person like this.
  7. I know there is a trend to crap on California. With that said, I would not want to live anywhere else. If California was a separate country, it's economy would be the sixth largest in the world. The climate is great. The coastline, mountains and deserts are beautiful. For my lifestyle, which includes a lot of outdoor living, there is no other state which fits my interest. Yep, real estate is expensive here, but like any other product it is simply driven by demand. Oh...in the same report it places Hawaii just behind California. Lets see...would I rather live in Hawaii or North Dakota.
    That report is just click bait.

8. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Ohio came in at #40... I'm thinking we easily could have snagged the #39 position, as we had better overall lap times in the qualifier.

9. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I live in Minnesota, and I agree.

Razman, FingerDub and Stewie26 like this.
  10. duff beer

duff beer

Dec 2, 2007
    Winnipeg
    There is more to live than pleasant weather and nice scenery. California is almost bankrupt, has the highest homeless population in the US, people openly defecate on the streets which has led to a Hepatitis outbreak, and the COL is ridiculous.

11. Actually, we have billions in reserve. If you were homeless, would you rather try to survive in California or North Dakota? Kind of a no brainier.

12. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    I bet you would think differently if you weren't a home owner and were struggling financially.

13. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I guess if any homeless people actually survive in Winnipeg, their poop freezes instantly anyway.

14. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1. Those states are too cold for me, and I live in Chicago!

Spidey2112 and GBBSbassist like this.
  15. If I was struggling financially, it would probably be caused by other factors, not be because of the State I live in. People have financial problems in every state in this country. With that said, sorry to hear you are having problems FingerDub.

16. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Where did Canada, the 51st state, rank???

17. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    A nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t wanna live there.

seamus bass and Spidey2112 like this.
  18. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Hilarious! Kind of morbid, with a large dose of humor...

GregC likes this.
  19. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    This is the exact type of post I expect from a person whose avatar is a dog driving what appears to be a boat.

:)

FingerDub and Stewie26 like this.
  20. danesdad

danesdad

Feb 24, 2018
    Western PA
    California is geographically beautiful. There is no doubt about that. And the climate is great too. But the government there is FUBAR. The people who run California and the twisted thinking that prevails there (certainly NOT from everyone who lives there, but from far too many) is what makes it uninhabitable for me. Full disclosure, I was born there and had family there for many years.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.