Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Blunk, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Blunk

Aug 14, 2002

Maybe i've posted this in the wrong forum - apologies to the moderators if i have. I'm trying to work out what flea plays after the guitar solo in californication, when they get back into the verse,
    i'm talking about when they play live, its a little run of notes, but i just can get it.

does anyone know what it is or where i can get a listen to the live version of the song - i only heard it the other night...and i probably don't have it right in my head.

2. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    It's different every time, but I guess that doesn't help you much. All I can suggest is play it by feel and ear. Improvise as he does. Again, sorry that really doesn't help, but it's probably better for you this way... makes you be creative.
  3. Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    yeah that's true. you're right, i'm still going to try and find a live version of the song - i absolutely love that song, and i love playing it with my band!
  4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    uh, I think this would be more appropriate in the Recordings forum......

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  5. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    do you have broadband? just go on kazaa and search for video's by RHCP.. (do that even if you have a slow connection..) then you can see a lot of what he is doing.. he always does something different so it's hard to say what it is you are referring to.. are you talking about a progressive scale he plays at a higher octave? (sorry if you cant understand that, it's the best way i can describe what i am thinking of)..

just download a live version.. if you can already play the song, you wont have any trouble figuring that little part out (same notes, higher octave)...
  6. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    the chilis have a VHS/DVD that shows californication pretty well. its called "Off The Map"
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Are you talking about after the solo? you mean,, just the verse riff?

d---7-7-----------------10------------- 10---

Is that what your talking about? or the thing right before they get to the chorus which has many varations?

Either way, there was a guitar world a a while back that had the tab of it, belive wes borland was on the cover.
  8. and_Justice

Jan 14, 2000
    Anyone notice that the first riff on the disc is a total rip off of "breadfan" by Budgie?
  9. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    they have it at mxtabs( the little solo he played live on some award show ) after the guitar solo