Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Call me crazy but i like this bass a lot!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jun 7, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    The bass version of the Yamaha SGV800. Im not to sure weather i like it or not. The fact that it has no (or a very little) horn gives it a weird look. Im sure it sounds good just like most other Yamaha's.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

barroso - you'e crazy;) :D

Then again, maybe it's just your Italian styling and flamboyance shining thru:cool:

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i have found one in yellow.... last one in the shop on sale for the corrispectice of $200... mmhh i want it!

Johnny, yes, i am CRAZY!!!:D

4. Barroso, You are crazy yes!! But then So Am I 'cause I want one!!!!!!! Have you ever played the Italia basses?? If so what is your opinion of them??

5. For some reason those basses look SUPER comfortable! They just look like they would hang real nice. Kinda an upsidedown Rick, of sorts...

Later -

6. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    I love these basses! The dark blue one is bootfull!

7. That thing is beautiful. The headstock I could do without but the body is crazy. It looks really comfortable. It looks like it would put you in a good mood when you pick it up. Make you come up with some funky grooves.

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    With no upper horn those suckers must neck dive like a motherf**ker!!!!

9. In some slightly bizarre way, I find it compelling--especially in seafoam green. I'd take one...

Mike

10. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I played one a while back. They're pretty cool - no neck dive, and they have better definition than most Yamaha basses I've played.

11. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I like those a lot too! For some reason though, the guitars with that style look cooler. I wouldnt owning either one.

12. looks cool and all, but where can i get one: website to be exact! thx

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've played a couple...they play like Ibanez SRs. Not a bad little bass, just a missplaced warrior samurai is all...

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think they are super cool!

Too bad Ive never ahd the chance to play one.

It got the same reverse offset body thing that I love.

Check out my bass design to see what I mean.

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hope this works.

Peace
    Nick

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I still dont see the attachment.

Does anyone else?

Peace
    Nick

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    my local store has like 3 hanging up...

they are pretty good basses and with good prices... i dont like them as much to buy one but who knows :)

i have seen the metallic blue and red, and yellow models... that sunburst one looks good! (but is not in my store)