Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Call me "old-fashioned" or sexist but...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Sep 26, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...A woman with a tattoo doesn't look good. I don't care how beautiful the rest of her is. I have tried to reconcile this but I cannot do it. Girls, ladies, women everywhere...if you're thinking of getting one...DON'T!

They are not a complimentary accessory, tattoos don't enhance what has naturally been endowed you, they don't line up well with formal wear, cocktail dresses, or your wedding gown.

It even loses with leather or a Harley.

Yeah a few tattoo parlors'll lose some customers, but so what?

It beats eventually hearing: "Hey Grandma, what's that funny green blob on your arm"?

2. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    well i cant agree with u 100% here but i think tattoos should have some sort of life long meaning.. not a tattoo of ur junior high girlfriends name or something... but maybe a clock with the time of ur childs birth... or your dead mothers name over your heart...

something with centimental value and a real thought process into it...

lol and u mention a tattoo not matching a wedding dress.. how about flames coming out of a mans tuxido coller or sleeves lol

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Ink For All :hyper:

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I kind of like asshats on chicks!

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Are asshats the same as tramp stamps? Well, if they are, I kinda like them too, but don't tell anyone.

:D

6. That warms my heart......and I'm not being sarcastic. :)

7. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    You're old fashioned and sexist.

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I agree, but I definitely deduct points for Tattoo's!
    :D

9. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Here is a local singer...

She's really hot in person, and a very nice person.

Attached Files:

10. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Well, you're conservative. Must be a rule.

11. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Ouch! My fiancee has three of them, and I like them. Lots. :)

12. Women don't need anything to attract attention to themselves...

... Becuase I'm already looking. :D

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Nope. I'm a conservative too.

14. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    This is a family forum, so I won't link the Suicide Girls.

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I am sure most girls who get/have tattoos are nice, but I don't think they are feminine...to me at least. I am more turned off than on.

And I don't think women need them to be any more attractive.

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Ass antlers? Bullseyes?

My borther's girlfriend's mom has a big thing against girls who get tattoos in places that pregnancy ruins. She has a sister or cousin or something that got a dolphin at the top of her left hip...had a kid, and now it looks like a whale.

17. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I'm old fashioned and sexist too and I am a woman. I see all these young women with tattoos and wonder how they will look when they are 62 like I am.

At the gym, young women love to wear low rise leggings or yoga pants and show off what has been indelicately referred to here as an "ass hat." Gosh! What will that look like on a 60-year old woman, on an 86 year old woman such as my mother? How sexy is that? Don't these young women think they eventually will grow old?

I saw a wedding party at a Key West hotel recently. Both the bride and the mother of the bride were heavily tatooed. The mother wore a strapless dress with a huge multi-colored tattoo on her shoulder blade and an "anklet" tattoo al the way around her ankle. I took her for nearly fifty and those tattoos just looked gross. What more when she is 70? I have to say it. To me that woman just looked tough. It wasn't cool. Just saying.

18. Does anyone remember the SNL commercial?

19. Most of you are refering to heavily tattooed individuals. What about girls who only have 1 sentimental tattoo that is easily covered up(her shoulder area, beneath where a wedding dress would be so its not an issue)? Its a tribal cat tattoo with 2 cat heads on it, symbolizing the 2 cats that she has lost in her life. I don't know what its going to look like when she's older, but I don't think it matters as long as its covered and not in view of the general public.

And it has everything to do with being sexy...I mean sexist. Well, not so much sexist. Its you stating that you dislike tattoos on women. It would be sexist if you said that women were not allowed to have tattoos ever. The option is available for them to get it done, and many do. Some of it not well at all. So not sexist at all.

And what about facial piercings? I don't mind girls with labrets(area between chin and bottom lip). Other than that, I think most facial piercings don't do justice to the natural beauty of females.

20. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    No. :D

Seriously, I'm going to say that the beauty or ugliness of tattoos, like any kind of appearance altering is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I can take them or leave them. It's not something that I think would make a woman more or less attractive to me (so long as it's not like a dragon on her forehead or something).