Calle 54 riff?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by blackreverend, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Hey all,
    For any of you who have seen the Calle 54 DVD (and if you havent, check it out!!) does anyone happen to have a transcription or tab of the breakdown from the Michel Camillo number with Anthony Jackson playing? its the one about halfway, where he's playing by himself, and Michel and El Negro doing hits between riffs.

All help is appreciated,

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Sorry, unfortunately I don't have any transcriptions. Just wanted to say that the song is called "From Within" and it's one of the finest moments of the movie (if not the finest) to me. Michel Camilo is my favorite latin jazz pianist specially because few players have such a distinctive personality on the instrument. :cool:
  3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Just curious: Are you looking for the whole tune (all instruments)? The bass part? Just the main theme?... (as far as I can recall right now, the tune is in D minor)
  4. interested in the riff, but if someone has a transcription of the whole thing, Id love it.
  5. +1 That tune is worth the price of the DVD.... amazing playing all the way around.... my favorite Anthony Jackson performance of all time!
  6. *bump*

One of my favourite bass solos of all time (this is the only part I want to get my claws on)...
  7. lildevil5387

Apr 13, 2008
    I know that there is already a thread with this posted, but i thought that maybe some other people would see this thread and post
    But anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had the notation or tabs to michel camilo-From within (Anthony Jackson's part) from the movie Calle 54, probably one of the best music documentaries made
    Any help is appreciated
  8. lildevil5387

Apr 13, 2008
    oh oops i thought it was making a new page, sorry