called a stoner but really not

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperSluggard, Aug 7, 2004.

1. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    has anyone called you a stoner but you're really not?

I always get called a stoner in school. I take pride in being a stoner... who doesn't do drugs. one time in health class I fell asleep when the teacher was explaining the effects of marijuana (i think it was that drug) and i sat in the front row.. one of the effects was tiredness. of course i tryed to not fall asleep and that makes it even worse, my head keeps rolling down to the desk and i have to pick it up again which makes me look really stoned.. but eventually i just fell asleep in the class, woke up later.

teacher: see me at the end of class, ok?

the guy is crazy to tell you the truth. scares the hell out of me. he never blinks because of some deep sea diving accident when he was in the marines or something. and he always talks with no emotion, like a robot or something. but he's still pretty young.

so the teacher makes me take a drug test.. i was just tired, i'm not smoking marijuana! i'm there all day... when i could be resting. instead i have to pee in a cup while some scary guy intently watches me. and when i do pee the cup overflows.. why are you gonna give me such a small cup, do you want me to pee all over my hands? and they asked me if my mom beat me and what drugs i take. excuse me, but the whole thing was bull****.

anyway.. i don't have enough money to do drugs. that is expensive stuff. seriously around here, it's mostly rich kids who do drugs. there's nothing wrong with being rich, but it's something everybody around here has concluded.

2. Whenever I meet people for the first time, I come across as the "stereotypical surfer-stoner". A combination of my hair, my clothes and my arrogance, no doubt. I've had people completely gobsmacked when they saw me reading uni books, asking me "Why are you reading that?" :rolleyes: It doesn't bother me at all because I don't mind people underestimating my intelligence. Makes for good surprises.

Its kinda strange - when people meet me at work, they assume me dumb. At uni, people exaggerate my intelligence. Although, I like to pretend that I live up to their conceptions. :D

3. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    My boss asked me if I was stoned today :p

I've never smoked an anything in my life, but when i don't sleep much (which is a lot) and am tired, I tend to have that glazed over look in my eyes. Pretty funny
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i don't know what kind of town you live in man, but if a teacher tried to MAKE me take a drug test, i would slap them and scream lawsuit. not that i even smoke or do anything in the first place. and yeah, it's rediculous the price of drugs. i know people that will spend $50-$150-$300ish at a time on that ****, it's stuipid as hell.
  5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm not a stoner but must *look* like one. I always have people coming up to me trying to sell me dope :rollno: People *assume* since you have long hair, wear jeans, boots, and t-shirts you are a drug user. Well I'm not!

BTW, how can they make you take a drug test? I used to fall asleep in class and it wasn't due to drugs or alcohol. I just had a bad habit of staying up too late!
  6. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I feel your pain!!When we were on school tour I was the only one searched every time but I really look like one.Whatever I'm off for a Doob!J/k guys!
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yeah, I look the part of a stoner, but I never touch anything of the sort.
  8. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Random drug testing has become entrenched in American culture. The courts have permitted this in the corporate world. In that world, a company can basically write its own ticket in terms of the drug testing policy, and the employees have to follow it. There's no choice. If you don't want to take the test, they'll fire you. I'm not entirely sure what the courts have decided about the educational world. Here in California, there have been cases of private and parochial schools drug testing their students, and there have also been cases of school officials randomly searching through lockers, things like that. To my knowledge, the courts have not specifically forbidden these types of activities, although there are some "guidelines" about how they must be conduceted in order to remain legal.
  9. Drugs are super cheap here in the midwest...but on track, they do random "bring in the dogs" at my school, where they lead drug dogs around the halls and through the parking lot, and a girl got busted for having 2 seeds stuck in the mat in her car. But, they don't do random testing here, and the schools that have tried to have it, not just for sports but for everyone, have had that vote shot down everytime. Invasion of privacy without probable cause.

EDIT: Almost forgot, a few months ago at a HS in SC, the students were put on their knees with their hands behind their head, being cursed at by police, while every locker was searched. This school was so sure that they had a drug problem. You know what they found? Nothing. Not one bit of illegal activity was uncovered that day. "Come one, come all, to 1984..."
  10. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    (Beavis Voice On)... heheheheh Hey Butthead, he said stoned...hehehehehehehehe.. (Beavis voice off)
  11. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, people always assume i'm a stoner cause... i hang out with them! And i listen to "stoner music" like Phish, jam bands, etc.

But i've never smoked and i never will. And it really doesn't bother me when people ask me if i smoke or if i want to smoke, that's really the only way to find out i guess.
  12. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
  13. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    They had drug sniffing dogs at my school last year too, and they found nothing in the lockers.

And yet I know some a**hole who has a bong in the cupholder of his truck. That's crap.

I don't do that crap, but since my contact lenses are weird, my eyes become red after a while, giving the illusion I am stoned.
  14. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I think the law needs to go both ways. Like if the company or school or whatever institution has the right to test you, if you pass the test the cops or teachers or bosses or whoever should have to make a public apology for falsely accusing you, and maybe pay you some money. At that school in SC, the cops and adminstrators should have to put on a play about the dangers of acting without evidence and how evil it is to abuse one's authority.
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I get called a stoner a lot. Even stoners think im a stoner.

Still not much clue why. Sometimes i zone out.. i fall asleep in school daily. Perhaps thats why.
  16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    "more than just crackers"

*picture of wheat thins*

"I love wheat thins"

And you wonder why you're called a stoner? :smug:
  17. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i get the munchies too.

EDIT: Whats sad is i make sure i have 2 boxes of Wheat Thins in my computer desk drawer whenever possible. :<
  18. I have been called a stoner. I cut my hair recently so I doubt I'll get as much now. I don't do drugs, but I'm often tired because I like sleeping late. I don't think it was so much of a problem at my high school, because we all knew each other enough not to pass such judgements, but I'm sure a lot of strangers and friends of my friends thought I was a stoner.
  19. I guess I get confused as one also, since people have asked me for a light or where I can find them weed on a not too uncommon basis. :rollno:
  20. Apprently a rumour is going around that I smoke pot and do acid.

The only apprent evidence in this rumour favour is that I listen to alot of weird music. And I got to alot of concerts were people get stoned. I also make music with noises.

So far, my theory is that someone got a listen of the music I like, didn't like it and said "This music sucks. You have to be high and dumb to listen to it... wait..."

High school is going to be fun. :rolleyes: