1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Calling all AUSSIES!!! Ashton BV300 Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lomer, Apr 3, 2006.

1. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Gday guys just wondering if anyones had any experience with the Ashton All-Tube BV300 Head??? I have an opportunity to buy one for around half-retail and I'm just wondering if anyones had any experiences good or bad....

2. I haven't tried that particular head, but every piece of ashton amplification gear I have tried sounded muddy and quiet.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Where's Danm. From memory he was sniffing around this amp and managed to try one out in a store.

Otherwise, I saw one at Bam Bam music in Blacktown, Sydney. I could make a trip out there and put it through it's paces for you?

4. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    i haven't played their amps, but i have tried their basses and bought some other products (i.e. gigbag and cables).

just bear in mind that ashton is an 'entry level' brand. i.e. they are a great starting place for beginners or intermediates that don't want to outlay a tonne of cash on gear.

5. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks pete, dont go out of your way but if you get a chance to give it a whirl quickly that would be cool..... adn for the record I know they are entry level, but $700 second hand is still pretty cheap for an all-tube almost brand new head @ 300W.....

6. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    fantastic man. i hope it works out for you. keep us posted.

7. I'll dig up an old thread to give it a proper end, I've owned this particular head for 3 months now. Works perfectly and I've driven it hard at times too, master 90% gain 90% for an hour and a half. It sounded way to clean and quiet to begin with but that was just me scared to crank the gain.

I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a very loud cheap tube head.