Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Calling All Australians

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Pantsman, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Hey, i am living in brisbane and i am desperately looking for a Bass teacher? any advice? or if any TB'ers wish to offer their services, price doesn't 'really' matter but it would be nice to keep costs down.

Thanks All

2. Hey there fellow Aussie.

I have been through this, and I have found the best way is to try reputable music stores- most ofer lessons. I know mine does and I get along quiet well with the teacher & we have a rgeat time during lessons whilest still learning...

It's really a matter of taste though- you may not like all teh offerings- so try around for a few weeks each place and then deside on one.

3. the cheapest store run lessons are $45 a half hour

4. Dont want to curse...but fark!!! They'd want to be very good teachers for that price... The most I have ever payed for is about $20 per half hour.

I would try talking to a few bassists, or even musicians that might know some good bassists, you might find someone interested in making a little cash on the side & be a little more flexable.

Good luck, lessons witht he right teacher can be very rewarding- especially when something you've been learning all comes together.

-Cul