1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Calling all Ernie Ball Experts - Colour Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slaerts, Sep 12, 2008.

1. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Hi guys, Just wonedering if you can help me identify the colour of my new bongo.

I have narrowed it down to Graphite Pearl, Saphire Black and Black Sparkle.

I have attatched 2 photos of it, perhaps there is a "Bongo-Rain-Man" out there who can definitively pick it.

It has the year 2003 and the number 163 stamped in the neck pocket if that helps.

Attached Files:

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Not black sparkle. Too dark to be graphite pearl so it must be sapphire black :smug:

3. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    +1 to sapphire black

4. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    I just looked at the pics myself and the bass in relal life is a few shades lighter than in the pic. It is quite sparkly but I have never seen any ernie ball finishes in reall life before so have nothing to compare it with. I guess if anyone asks me I will say it is probably sapphire black... thanks.

5. Sign up as a member at the EB/MM forums - they have a thread where any owner, new or used, can post their serial number and get the instrument's "Birthday", color, and where it was originally shipped to - you're sure to get the correct color from their records far more than from our eyes. :D

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    +1. Pretty sure it's Sapphire Black, though.

7. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    Will do, thanks guys.