1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

calling all fender jazz bass owners with S1 switch

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b-ace!, May 6, 2005.

  1. b-ace!


    Jul 15, 2004
    Hi, I dont know if this is a dumb question or not but after hearing about the S1 on the jazz bass, after seeing how it works on a P-bass, I was wondering if its possible to change the control knobs on the jazz so that it has the vintage style black plastic knobs?? any help would be much appreciated. thanks :)
  2. b-ace!


    Jul 15, 2004
    there must be someone????????
  3. Musicfreak1988


    Feb 2, 2005
    I don't own a Jazz with a S1 switch, but the S1/volume knob can be changed to a 'normal' jazz knob. (At least that's what I've heard)
  4. timinator


    May 8, 2005
    Any "vintage" knob will be solid, so you'd need a good luthier to either relocate the switch or replace a pot with a push/pull type that will let you use the S-1 function.